About the Finance Broker Academy
We believe that doing a great job is a mixture of attitude, skill and passion. To support our network members in providing industry leading service we developed the Finance Broker Academy.
At the core of the Academy is a year long programme that covers several different themes with a mixture of learning interventions giving the delegate everything they need to become fully fledged brokers or to refresh the knowledge that they already have.
The Finance Broker Academy which has been designed for brokers, by brokers, has not only been created to provide the tools for anyone entering the industry as an aspiring broker to be able to work as a broker, but also for established brokers or returners to the industry to choose modules that support their existing skills and knowledge as part of their continuing professional development training.
By working with a handful of our top lenders we have constructed a comprehensive training and mentoring programme, which includes e-learning modules, interactive workshops, secondment and placements, in addition to one-to-one mentoring with an existing experienced broker.
The benefits of the academy are three-fold:
- For the individual, it provides a structured, flexible and comprehensive learning process which covers all skills needed to be or remain an asset finance broker.
- For larger businesses, it provides an all-encompassing course which existing employees can attend providing an opportunity to gain greater understanding of their role and the asset finance industry.
- For small brokerages, the course can also provide help with succession planning for brokers looking to retire or practices wishing to expand and train new brokers.
Our Mission and Vision
To provide a high quality, all-encompassing broker training programme that will
benefit brokers, users of asset finance, funders and the asset finance industry as
To professionalise the broking industry, to produce the brokers of
Our vision is wide-ranging. It not only encompasses new brokers to the market but
also, existing brokers who wish to develop their skills further.
We aim to:
- Make a noticeable impact on the market by professionalising the broker practice.
- Become a trusted training partner for our funders with the reputation of producing brokers with the very best market knowledge, skill-set and mindset.
- Encourage an industry based on skills, tools and culture.
- Provide an entry route into the broker market for new professionals by providing
the support required to be a successful and compliant broker.
- Support a diverse range of brokers across the industry who have the knowledge,
tools and skills needed to succeed.
- Provide a facility whereby existing brokers can raise their skill levels by enrolling
on specific elements of the course.
The course will cover a range of topics designed to give the cadre the skills and knowledge to become professional asset finance brokers. Within the year course, the delegates will have time to experience all aspects of the ‘broker world’ through formal training interventions in the classroom, via e-learning, on the job experience and secondments to funders. Each topic will end with a ‘gateway exam’ that will need to be passed before the next topic can be started.
The content for the course has been developed by brokers for brokers with input from a range of experienced people in the asset finance industry.
Colin Bradley is passionate, commercially focused learning and development professional with extensive sales and leadership experiences. Colin has been in the banking industry for over 30 years.
Whilst of course ‘sales’ is a passion for Colin, his main passion is assisting people with their personal development, which is why he migrated to a learning and development role 10 years ago.
Colin has proudly been awarded various accreditation certificates and diplomas from The Finance and Leasing Association, The Training Foundation and MindGym.
Outside of work, Colin has been married for 30 years and has two sons. He is a passionate West Ham United fan even though he played for Norwich City for two years in his younger days!
Connect with Colin Bradley on LinkedIn
How to apply
The entry fee to join the Finance Broker Academy is £2,950 + VAT and covers all classroom training and overnight accommodation. (Additional expenses will need to be met by the individuals).
In order to enrol on this training course please send a CV and short summary of the candidate to Lee Simms (email@example.com)